How to transfer Blackberry contact to Google contact
January 6, 2013 2 Comments
i will teach you how to transferring contacts from blackberry to android phone or tablet.
there are various ways to do that
- Connect via Bluetooth
- Using import contact in Google Contacts
now, the simplest one is connecting both device using Bluetooth. I use blackberry curve 8250 as my current smart phone, and im about to send it to my Google Nexus 7 because i need those emails contacts.
the steps are:
- Pair both device with Bluetooth
- Then from Blackberry, click option and click transfer contacts
somehow this method isnt working for me (some people claim it to be working thought). so that i try using another method, using an import contacts function in google contact.
for this method you need to install “Databackup” in your blackberry.
the steps are:
- Open the Databackup app
- Create New Backup (choose contacts only)
- Once your contact is backedup, connect your blackberry to desktop/laptop
- You can find huge numerous amount of contacts (vcard) inside backup folder
- Copy all those contacts to your computer, and open command prompt
- Press windows icon + R then write cmd
- Ablack command prompt will apear
- Go to your folder for me its cd /contacts
- Then write copy /B *.vcf all_in_one.vcf
- A file named all_in_one.vcf will be appear in that folder
- Now go to google contacts and import that all_in_one.vcf
- Voala.. every contact is now copied
now the explanation
the google contact cant import multiple vcf contact at the same time. so that i tried to concatenate every contact into one single file. we using command prompt to concatenate those contacts.